Nina Harding is a dispute resolution expert having worked in this field in Australia and internationally since 1990. She is a law graduate, a Harvard Law School trained mediator and holds a Master of Laws.
Nina Harding has mediated thousands of business disputes. She has also mediated numerous complex workplace disputes and large public or community disputes. Nina has taught mediation, conflict resolution, negotiation and complaint handling in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. She has lectured at numerous universities in Australia and overseas at Hong Kong University.
Nina is a Nationally Accreditated Mediator in Australia and is a member of several mediation panels.
Her clients have included state, local and federal government, KPMG Peat Marwick, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, US Aid, Hong Kong University, The Law Institute of Victoria, the ATO, to name just a few. Nina is a recognised expert in complaint handling and has provided in-house workshops for various organisations including CommSec, ABN AMRO, Westpac, NAB, The Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW, The Private Health Insurance Ombudsman to name only a few.
Nina is a member of numerous mediation panels including:
- LEADR Advanced Mediator (since 2002)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, General Panel of Mediators.
- Workers Compensation Commission Panel Mediator.
- Office of the Franchising Mediation Adviser, Panel of Mediators.
- SPAN ADR Adviser for disputes in the Telecommunications Industry (2005 – 2007)
- Farm Debt Mediator
Mediation and Facilitation Experience:
Nina Harding has worked as a full-time mediator and facilitator for more than two decades. Nina Harding has mediated/facilitated disputes in the following areas:
- General commercial – a variety of issues including: contract and negligence, residential apartment building disputes, disputes over sale of business, construction, copyright, environment, IT, insurance, mining, product liability, trade practices, trusts, retail and petroleum franchise disputes, international consultancy agreements, personal injury CTP claims, sewerage and water issues, workplace, local govt issues, complex multi-party disputes, disputes involving the community, etc.
- Development / Land Use Issues (White City Development, Belrose Road Corridor), Development of Transport Facilities for State Rail and DoT (Blacktown Bus-Rail Interchange),
- Closure and reorganisation of hospital services for NSW Health,
- Organisational Conflict issues (within government and non-government bodies, including hospitals, local councils, large and small companies, staff to staff & staff to management),
- Charitable organisations – Nina has facilitated planning sessions for the Board of St John (NSW) and conducted a state wide consultation with members to identify issues and promote change. Nina conducted a strategic planning workshop for Mission Australia and conducted dispute resolution training for Mission Australian with homeless men in June 2006.
Nina has assisted numerous organisations to develop effective plans for the future, including:
- McDonalds, The Nature Conservancy, Mission Australia, The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at UNSW.
- Mediation of complex negotiation between student organisations at UNSW in regard to Voluntary Student Unionism.
- Franchising. Coordinator of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program under the Australian Franchising Code of Practice, 1993 – 1996.
- Facilitator for Environment Australia re proposed waste oil recycling legislation.
- Facilitator for 17 Local Aboriginal Land Councils in West NSW re forestry issues.
- Facilitator of Strategic Planning Retreat for The Nature Conservancy (international conservation organisation). To develop a Melanesian Conservation Action Plan.
- Nina has facilitated hundreds of large public meetings, often involving highly controversial issues and hundreds of participants.