Nina Harding was named Australian Mediator of the Year 2022 at the recent Australasian Law Awards. Nina has worked as a mediator / facilitator for over twenty five years. Nina is a Law graduate and has completed a Master of Laws. She is a Harvard Law School trained mediator and has mediated over two thousand disputes in a variety of areas, including:
- General commercial disputes;
- Development and land use issues;
- Restorative / redress schemes;
- Development of transport facilities;
- Franchising and licensing disputes in a variety of areas;
- Closure and reorganisation of hospital services;
- Closure and re-settlement of retirement village residents;
- Workplace conflict;
- Charitable organisations; and
- Farm Debt.
Nina is the Australian Film Code Conciliator (under the Australian Film Exhibition and Distribution Code).
Nina is a Nationally Accredited Mediator and is a member of several mediation panels.
- Commonwealth Ombudsman Restorative Engagement Facilitator (2016 -);
- Credit and Investments Ombudsman Conciliator (2015 -);
- IP Australia Mediator (2017 – );
- Farm Debt Mediator (under the NSW Farm Debt Mediation Act, 1995 -);
- Farm Debt Mediator (under the QLD Farm Debt Mediation Act, 2017 -);
- Course Leader for Resolution Institute NMAS Accredited Mediator Training Workshops (2002 -);
- Office of the Franchising Mediation Adviser (2002 – 2018);
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, Panel of Mediators (2020 -);
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, General Panel of Mediators;
- SPAN ADR Adviser for Disputes in the Telecommunications Industry (2005-2007);
- NSW Personal Injury Commission Mediator (2002 -);
- Australian Self-Medication Industry Panel of Mediators (2009 -);
- Sydney Water Panel of Mediators (2006);
- Produce and Grocery Industry Ombudsman, Panel Mediator (2007 – 2014);
- Accord Group Panel Mediator (2006 – 2016);
- ASIC L&D Panel Provider (2011);
- Horticulture Mediation Panel (2007 – 2016);
- Immediation Panel of Mediators (2019 -);
- Dept. of Employment and Workplace Relations ADRAS Mediator (Alternative Dispute Resolution Assistance Scheme (2008 -);
- Queensland Small Business Commissioner (Retail Lease) Mediators (2020 -);
- Australian Winegrape Purchases Code, Conciliator (2021 -);
- Victorian Small Business Commission Mediation Panel (2021 -);
- Defence Abuse Response Taskforce Facilitator (2013 – 2016);
- NSW Govt Redress Direct Personal Response Facilitator Panel (2020 -);
- Workchoices ADRAS Panel Mediator (2007 -);
- The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) Panel of Mediators (2022 -).
Nina’s clients have included state, local and federal government, US Aid, Hong Kong PolyTechnic University, The University of Technology Sydney, AGL, The Law Institute of Victoria, the ATO, CommSec, ABN AMRO, Westpac, NAB, The Australian Human Rights Commission, The Private Health Insurance Ombudsman, The Fair Work Commission, NSW Police, The Financial Ombudsman Service, The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria and NSW) and The University of NSW.
Nina is a former Senior Adjunct Lecturer at La Trobe University. Subjects taught at postgrad level include Business Dispute Resolution, Dispute Resolution, Advanced Dispute Resolution, Complaint Handling, Negotiation and Advanced Negotiation. She is a former Casual Lecturer at the University of Technology, Sydney teaching Dispute Resolution in Commerce (2012 – 2019). She is currently a Visiting Senior Lecturer in the Department of Law at the University of Hong Kong. She has taught at numerous universities including, The University of Sydney, The University of Western Sydney, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The University of NSW and Hong Kong University.
Nina has facilitated hundreds of large public meetings, often involving highly controversial issues and hundreds of participants.
Contact us to obtain a copy of Nina’s full cv and her availability.