Complaints can be costly and time consuming for organisations. Social media complaints can devastate staff and impact on brand. Resolving complaints quickly and efficiently can save costs, protect reputation, decrease staff turnover and satisfy customers.
We can provide the following training options:
- Custom designed in-house one or two day workshops on Complaint Handling to suit the specific needs of your organisation;
- Financial industry complaints – a one or two day workshop, based on the popular Complaint Handling Workshops we conducted for Financial Ombudsman Service (suitable for banks, insurance companies, brokers, credit unions, etc);
- Energy and water industry complaints – a one or two day workshop, based on the Complaint Handling Workshops we have conducted for the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria (suitable for water, gas and electricity retail companies);
- Complaints Handling Theory and Skills – a one or two day workshop for specialist teams, including HR, medical practices, managers, etc
- Telecommunication industry complaints – a one or two day workshop for telcos.
We can custom design a training program to meet the unique needs of your organisation. We have custom designed in-house workshops for the Australian Taxation Office, Australian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, Public Transport Ombudsman (Victoria), Police Credit Union, AGL, Monash University, Macquarie University, Optus, Financial Industry Complaints Scheme (FICS) members, North East Water, the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman (PHIO), Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW, National Australia Bank and Commsec, to name only a few.
Nina Harding wrote the first Complaint Handling workshop for postgrad students in Australia. This program was conducted at La Trobe University and Queensland University.
Custom design of course material, exercises and the course manual make these courses relevant and engaging. Our training courses are fun, interactive and educational. We use a variety of tools to stimulate and inspire participants to change the way they resolve conflict; including, our own purpose made videos, powerpoint, exercises, youtube clips, role-plays, discussion, fishbowl and demonstration by the course leader.
We have conducted training around Australia, in the Philippines, New Zealand and Hong Kong.
Nina Harding has taught negotiation, complaint handling and mediation training courses for over 20 years. She is a Course Leader for The Resolution Institute (the pre-eminent ADR membership organisation in Australia and NZ).
Below is a list of topics that have been popular with Complaint Handlers at previous workshops:
- What complainants expect / What we can provide;
- The fundaments of good complaint handling;
- The impact of social media on complaints;
- An interest based approach to negotiation (and complaints handling);
- An introduction to AS ISO 10002 (the new Australian Standard);
- The Importance of Capturing and Resolving Complaints;
- The cost of conflict (worksheet on costs and risks);
- Communicating with complainants;
- Advanced communication skills;
- Decision Making and lessons from Behavioural Economics;
- A dispute resolution model;
- Mediator skills for complaint handlers;
- Complaint handling system design and review;
- Written complaint responses;
- Delivering bad news;
- Phone skills;
- Dealing with high need complainants;
- Financial Hardship;
- A 5 year plan for complaints handling in your organisation.
For more information or a sample workshop program please Contact Us.